Thursday, September 30, 2010


In the Colorado gubernatorial race the Republican vote is being split by Dan Maes and Tom Tancredo who is listed as an independent.  Tom Tancredo is from the Constitution Party. 
(Independent seems to be a default when you aren't an R or a D).  The Constitution party has a 'preamble' that states, among other things: "The goal of the Constitution Party is to restore American jurisprudence to its Biblical foundations and to limit the federal government to its Constitutional boundaries." This statement is not out of context.  The party's whole 'constitution' reads like a far right wing manifesto.

What is interesting is that  not only is Tancredo (I) leading Maes (R) by about 10 points but the Republican has about 20% and Tancredo has about 29%.  Together this makes 49%.  Compared to democrat Hickenlooper's 47% this would otherwise be a Republican victory - albeit a slim one.  The reason -- infighting between Republicans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think --